We're aiming to raise $1 for every foot climbed by our Soldiers to Summits (S2S) team! Sponsor 10 feet of our S2S journey today by contributing $10. In doing so, you’ll enable us to continue to change the lives of our wounded veterans.
On December 12th, a team of injured veterans and active-duty service members will attempt to summit Mt. Cotopaxi, the second highest peak in Ecuador (elevation 19,347 feet). This will be the culmination of their yearlong journey with Soldiers to Summits, where we use mountains as metaphor and training ground to help veterans harness adversities and step up to lead and serve others. Follow their journey on our day-by-day trip blog: http://blog.soldierstosummits.org/
Contribute $100 or more and we’ll send you a No Barriers Flag and High Ground DVD!
Did you know:
1) You can use this page to launch your own personalized fundraiser to help us reach our $19,347 goal. Just click the “Join” button, set your own goal and get started raising awareness.
2) 18 veterans commit suicide every day
3) More than 5.5 million of the 21.9 million veterans in the United States are coping with a service-related disability
4) Soldiers to Summits receives more than five times the number of qualified applicants for our programs than we can accept due to funding limitations
5) Soldiers to Summits documents and shares stories about our journeys, reaching millions of people with a compelling message of the need to support our returning veterans (see the High Ground trailer below for an example)
Help us continue to make a difference in the lives of our wounded veterans. Donate $10 for 10 steps today!
Soldiers to Summits (S2S) empowers veterans to overcome barriers and reclaim lives. In this program, mountains serve as both metaphor and training ground for wounded soldiers as they stretch goals, build world-class teams, innovate through adversity, and step up to lead and serve others. Integrated with the rehab process, S2S helps soldiers restructure how they approach their past and future. S2S is a program of the nonprofit organization called No Barriers USA.